Thursday, January 14, 2010

Quickie

I'm back in Pakse, having paid almost twice what I had to (about $17 more) to get from Pakse to Bangkok via Ubon tomorrow. I could have saved all the money and bought the tickets myself, but I don't know what the train availability from Ubon to Bangkok is, and I arrive in Ubon with only an hour between them, so...

I paid for comfort and peace of mind, but then instead I'm beating myself up for not being more thrifty. It's only $17, but I'm castigating myself for having spent it. That's a full freaking day of traveling in Laos, I tell myself.

So much for peace of mind.

Somebody slap me and tell me that $17 isn't that much, and I'm not a bad traveler for paying it.

3 comments:

Ray Lee said...

You have any idea how much of the world would kill to be able to achieve peace of mind that cheaply? Goofball. Anyway, you're not a bad traveler for paying it, you're just doing risk management. It happens. Think of it as a kind of travel insurance.

I'll paypal you the $17 if that'll quiet your mental chaos, but you have to promise me you won't spend it on elective surgery.

Excuse me now, I need to go look at plane tickets to go to Hawaii and Manila for a few weeks in February.

Unknown said...

Ir really is OK to pay somebody else to do something once in a while. Instead of spending your time as a currency to purchase, basically, uncertainty, you spent money for security. Seems like a pretty good choice. No beating up of self necessary.
Yer Mom

Sharp11Girl said...

$17?? I will try to forgive you. Try. ;)